Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Homemade Coke Icee

 Okay so this refreshing summer treat does not fall under the healthy category but it most definitely is fun! I am not one who gives my kids caffeine, but every once in awhile there is an exception. This is one of them. A Coke Icee at home?!? Love it!
 What you need:
  • A liter bottle of Soda of your choice, just can't be diet.. The artificial sweeteners will not freeze right. Or 4 cans of soda since all you need is 48oz.
  • An Ice Cream maker like the one pictured here. The bowl is frozen so that is what freezes the soda.
  • I added Grenadine to turn our Coke Icee into a cherry Coke Ice. Note: I did not use all the missing Grenadine from this bottle. You don't need a ton. The Coke I did use all but what is remaining.
  • Maraschino Cherries for fun

 Fun straw cups for the very excited consumers!

 A more grown up glass for the kids  adults enjoying this treat.
Add a cherry and a straw and slurp away!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Carrie,
    I visited your blog today. It is so colorful and pretty. The design on your side bar is very similar to ours. We live in Southern California, as I'm sure you are familiar with. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would really enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful, creative ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete