Sunday, September 12, 2010

No Sew, So Simple Valance


Here is my kitchen widow. The view out that window is amazing! I can see Cheyenne Mountain, deer hanging out on my back hill, the occasional crossing or lingering of Big Horn Sheep, birds, bunnies, my kids as they play in the yard and so on. But the window itself, well... is anything but beautiful or amazing!
I decided to do a quick fix to help beautify that window to my God answered prayer of a view!
With fabric from some of the pillows I made for my family room couch, upholstery tacks and a glue gun, this is what I came up with. Nothing fancy, nothing complicated and nothing I am committed to because I spent a fortune on it. I didn't! The fabric was at the end of the bolster so I got a deal! This is so basic that I could easily change it at any time or any whim!
 Amazing how a little piece of fabric can make such a big difference! Upholstery tacks are a new love of mine! I purchased mine at Lowe's for a whopping $1.50!
 








Pin It Now!